- Moville Community College
Covid 19 Response Plan
To the staff, students, parents and wider school community of Moville Community College:
The Department of Education and Skills provide a range of supporting documentation in relation to the Covid 19 pandemic. I will communicate this advice to you in a series of posts to this website. Please see below a draft policy statement subject to its approval by the Board of Management.
COVID-19 Policy Statement
Moville Community College is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff and a safe learning environment for all our students. To ensure that, we have developed the following COVID-19 Response Plan. The BOM/ETB and all school staff are responsible for the implementation of this plan and a combined effort will help contain the spread of the virus. We will:
· continue to monitor our COVID-19 response and amend this plan in consultation with our staff
· provide up to date information to our staff and students on the Public Health advice issued by the HSE and Gov.ie
· display information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and correct handwashing techniques
· agree with staff, a worker representative who is easily identifiable to carry out the role outlined in this plan in relation to summer provision
· inform all staff and students of essential hygiene and respiratory etiquette and physical distancing requirements
· adapt the school to facilitate physical distancing as appropriate in line with the public health guidance and direction of the Department of Education
· keep a contact log to help with contact tracing
· ensure staff and students engage with the induction / familiarization briefing provided by the Department of Education
· implement the agreed procedures to be followed in the event of someone showing symptoms of COVID-19 while at school
· provide instructions for staff and students follow if they develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during school time
· implement cleaning in line with Department of Education advice
All school staff will be consulted on an ongoing basis and feedback is encouraged on any concerns, issues or suggestions.
This can be done through the Lead Worker Representative(s), who will be supported in line with the agreement between the Department and education partners.
On Monday I will post in some detail in relation to new protocols, rules and procedures in relation movement in the school. I will be posting regular updates.
Thank you for reading this.
Is mise, le meas,