Dear Parents and Guardians,
It has been agreed that from the 1st March Leaving Cert classes will attend full-time and special classes at post primary will continue to attend full time. It is hoped that other year groups will return at a later date, on a phased basis, depending on public health advice.
In order to prepare for reopening I wish to bring your attention to the following;
· Our Covid-19 response plan has been updated and is available below.
· We will continue to implement the control measures set out in our school's COVID-19 Response plan (as updated) to include minimising the risk of introduction into schools, knowing the symptoms and how to respond if you have those symptoms, respiratory and hand hygiene, physical distancing within the classroom, physical distancing outside the classroom and within the schools, use of PPE as appropriate including face masks.
Pupils should not return to school in the event of the following;
1. If they are identified by the HSE as a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19
2. If they live with someone who has symptoms of the virus
3. If they have travelled outside of Ireland; in such instances parents/guardians are advised to consult and follow latest government advice in relation to foreign travel.
· We advise pupils to cooperate with public health officials and the school for contact tracing purposes, and follow any public health advice in the event of a case or outbreak in the school.
· We emphasise that there should be no congregation outside school during this interim phase. Any requests to engage with staff can be made through the school and will be provided by telephone.
Thank you for your cooperation with this.