- Moville Community College
Return to school August 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope you and your families are all well and are having an enjoyable summer break. We are looking forward to welcoming all our students back to school, starting with our First year students next Monday, August 30th.
In order to protect all members of our school community we ask that you please note the following:
1. Please do not send your child to school if they or someone they live with has symptoms of Covid-19. Common symptoms include; a fever, a new cough, shortness of breath, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. You may not have all of these symptoms at once and it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to show.
2. Please do not send your child to school if they are identified by the HSE as a close contact of a confirmed case of Covid-19.
3. If your child has travelled outside of Ireland, you are advised to consult and follow the latest Government advice in relation to foreign travel.
4. Our Covid-19 response Plan has been updated and is available below. We would ask that you and your children familiarise yourselves with our response plan and remember that the wearing of face masks, correct respiratory and hand hygiene etiquette and social distancing are key in the prevention of the spread of infection.
5. Students are asked to co-operate with any public health officials and the school for contact tracing purposes and to follow any public health advice in the event of a case or outbreak in the school.
6. You will have to complete a return to school declaration form before your child returns to us. This will be sent to you via text message in advance of their return.
We would ask that you impress upon your children the importance of wearing face masks and social distancing on their way to and from school. We emphasise that there should be no congregation outside of school. Any requests to engage with staff can be made through the school and will be provided by telephone.
We thank you for your continued support and cooperation as we reopen our school and look forward to another successful school year for all our students.